The Best Private Health Insurance
If you’re self-employed or your employer doesn’t have a health insurance plan, you’ll need to consider private health insurance. It’s much more complicated than simply accepting your employer’s plan and paying through your paycheck, but we have listed some tips below to help you get the most suitable and affordable plan for your needs.
Work with an Insurance Expert
Companies like Health Insurance Hero were established to help people find cheaper health insurance plans. They work by providing referrals based on your current situation, ensuring you get the best plan for your budget and needs.
It’s much quicker and easier than comparing all of those plans and providers yourself!
Get the Right Plan
Private health insurance comes in several forms and is offered by a variety of providers, including:
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): “Preferred providers” are healthcare professionals that operate in a particular network and agree to provide reduced rates to policyholders. Subscribers can see providers outside of this network, but the rates tend to be much higher.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): Insurance is offered via a network of healthcare providers. It’s often cheaper, but you are limited to doctors and hospitals within that network.
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO): An EPO straddles a line between the two aforementioned programs. You can only receive care from professionals within the network but there are exceptions for emergency care.
- High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP): Often recommended to younger and healthier applicants, an HDHP charges a much higher deductible in exchange for lower monthly premiums.
- Point-of-Service (POS Plan): Includes elements of HMO and PPO plans, with the benefits dependent on whether an in-network provider is used.
- Temporary Insurance Policy: Often available for just a few months, these policies are targeted toward applicants who are between jobs and policies and need cover for a limited period of time.
Not sure which option is right for you? That’s where Health Insurance Hero comes in. It can help you find the most suitable plans for your needs and provide exactly what you’re looking for.
How to Find the Best Plan
Before you agree to a new private insurance policy, consider all of the following and whether they are important or not:
- Do you need vision care and dental care?
- What kind of prescription drugs are included in the plan?
- What are the co-payments for drugs and treatments?
- Can you use a doctor that you like and are familiar with?
- Are preventative treatments included and are there any discounts available?
- Are you covered for alternative and specialty services such as chiropractic, and are these required?
- What hospitals are included in the network and are these nearby?
As you can see, there’s a lot to consider before you purchase a private health insurance plan. But it’s worth taking your time, doing your research, and working with companies like Health Insurance Hero to ensure you’re covered.
Questions? Call 1 (888) 479-1804